Once the paradigm shift that involves the incorporation of the Cloud in the IT systems of companies is integrated, the internal debate arises about the convenience of using public cloud services with hyperscalars such as: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure. Or incorporate a Private Cloud, either as a proprietary comprehensive system or in a hybrid Cloud architecture.
A Public Cloud and a Private Cloud are cloud computing services that offer different levels of control and flexibility:
Ownership and control: The main difference between a Public Cloud and a Private Cloud is ownership and control. A public cloud is owned and operated by a cloud service provider, such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure, among others, while a private cloud is, as the name implies, owned and managed by the organization that uses it.
- Security: An a priori private cloud offers more control over data security and privacy, as data is stored inside the organization’s own servers in proximity data centers. In a public cloud, data is usually stored on the cloud provider’s servers with datacenters around the world, which can increase security control and data privacy compliance
- Customization: A private cloud can be customized and adjusted to meet the specific needs of an organization, while a public cloud has certain limitations regarding the included customization options available which can also impact costs if you are looking for a specific adjustment.
Therefore, the use of cloud services with hyperscalar platforms, offers many advantages to companies. However, we must also take into account certain factors that call into question this choice:
- Security: A possible risk associated with using cloud services is security. Data stored in the cloud is not without risk of cyber attacks, unauthorized access, theft or loss of data.
- Loss of control: When enterprise data is stored in the cloud, the enterprise loses some control over it. This may include the ability to control who accesses the data, where it is stored, and how it is used.
- Cost: It is evident that a constant and long-term use of resources in the cloud is not the most efficient solution at an economic level, however, in the face of certain needs without a specific definition in terms of volume and timing is the ideal solution. In any case, you have to manage very well the initial costs of migration and above all control in great detail the price models of these platforms to not take surprises in the monthly bill.
- Privacy: Businesses must ensure that sensitive data is protected and kept private in the cloud. Privacy policies and service level agreements (SLAs) must be carefully considered and negotiated before choosing a cloud service provider.
- Compliance: Companies must comply with certain regulations and laws regarding data storage and use, and must ensure that their cloud service provider complies with these regulations.
In short, although the use of services in the Public Cloud offers many advantages to companies, factors such as security, loss of control, vendor dependence, costs, privacy and regulatory compliance, should be carefully considered before making the decision to adopt this service.
As an alternative, a Private Cloud consists of computer resources that are used exclusively by a single company. The infrastructure itself can be physically located in a company’s own space or hosted externally with a data center service provider. These services and infrastructure are always maintained in a private network, so that this system is exclusively dedicated to this organization.
The creation of a Private Cloud implies an initial investment and the need to have adequate technical profiles for the operation and maintenance of the infrastructure that requires. Many companies consider a private cloud for their IT operations, however, not all have the resources, space or trained personnel to manage and maintain these solutions effectively.
ADVANTAGES OF A HYBRID CLOUD
Integrating IT solutions into a hybrid cloud offers great competitive advantages for its flexibility.
B2Cloud offers this hybrid model, suitable for companies looking to unify the advantages offered by a private cloud and a public cloud.
B2Cloud is Brain2Store’s pay-per-use cloud suite. It has all the guarantees and bespoke services offered by a trusted provider like Brain2Store.
With B2Cloud, you access a cloud infrastructure that starts from a detailed study of the customer’s needs to provide a suitable and efficient economic proposal. B2cloud services are based on state-of-the-art technology, constantly updated and with constant improvements, added to the guarantee that offers the permanent support of a fully specialized technical team such as Brain2Store.
Some of the advantages that add to those related in this hybrid format would be:
- Cost savings: Hiring IT solutions at B2Cloud can be a very cost-effective way to manage company systems, not having to invest in expensive infrastructure and adjusting the requirements to provide a pay-per-use model.
- Accessibility: In addition to providing your business with remote access to your data and applications anytime and anywhere.
- Security: Data security is a very important concern for all companies. B2Cloud makes it possible to guarantee the localization of data, aligning with customer data protection compliance standards and flexibly applying a variety of external threat protection mechanisms.
- Maintenance: B2Cloud IT solutions save time and resources in terms of maintenance. Not having to worry about infrastructure maintenance, your IT team can focus on more important tasks, such as innovation and developing new solutions. In addition, the costs and physical security risks involved in maintaining the hardware in its own facilities are eliminated.
- Scalability: One of the biggest advantages of using cloud IT solutions is the ability to scale quickly. If the company needs to increase or decrease the number of users, storage space or bandwidth, it can easily do so without having to worry about investing in additional hardware or software.
Our extensive experience with many projects involving cloud solutions allows us to say that valuing IT solutions in a hybrid cloud such as B2Cloud from Brain2Store can be the most appropriate and efficient formula to manage your IT infrastructures enterprise.